Federal Labor Law Posters
Federal Posting Requirements
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR § 516.4) Pursuant to 29 USC §206(a)(1), as amended by P.L. 110-28, H.R. 2206, effective July 24, 2009, the federal minimum wage increases from $6.55 an hour to $7.25 an hour. "Every employer ... shall post and keep posted a notice explaining the Act ... in conspicuous places in every establishment where such employees are employed so as to permit them to observe readily a copy."
- Uniform Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (38 USCA 433(a)) Each employer shall provide to persons entitled to rights and benefits under this chapter a notice of the rights, benefits, and obligations of such persons and such employers under this chapter. The requirement for the provision of notice under this section may be met by the posting of the notice where employers place notices for employees.
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (29 CFR 801.6) Every employer subject to the EPPA shall post and keep posted on its premises a notice explaining the Act, as prescribed by the Secretary. Such notice must be posted in a prominent and conspicuous place in every establishment of the employer where it can be readily observed by employees and applicants for employment. Under 29 CFR 801.42(7) a civil penalty not to exceed $10,000 may be assessed against any employer for violating any provision of this Act.
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (29 CFR 1601.30) Every employer... shall post and keep posted in conspicuous places upon its premises notice in an accessible format ... describing the applicable provisions of title VII and the ADA. Such notice must be posted in prominent and accessible places where notices to employees... are customarily maintained... Failure to comply with this section is punishable by a fine of not more than $110 for each separate offense.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (29 USC 2619(a)(b)) Each employer shall post and keep posted, in conspicuous places on the premises of the employer where notices to employees and applicants for employment are customarily posted, a notice... setting forth excerpts from, or summaries of, the pertinent provisions of this subchapter and information pertaining to the filing of a charge... Any employer that willfully violates this section may be assessed a civil money penalty not to exceed $100 for each separate offense.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (29 CFR 1903.2(a)(1)) Each employer shall post and keep posted a notice or notices ... informing employees of the protections and obligations provided for in the Act & in a conspicuous place or places where notices to employees are customarily posted. Each employer shall take steps to insure that such notices are not altered, defaced, or covered by other material.