Michigan Labor Law Posters
2017 Labor Law Posters
- Guaranteed Accurate
- Fulfills All State and Federal Requirements
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Most Recent Update: Unemployment on Jan 1st, 2010
State and Federal Law requires employers of Michigan to post the following notices at most work sites. Investigations maybe conducted by State inspectors. An employer found to be in violation of State or Federal Laws by willfully failing to post up-to-date OSHA posters may be subject to monetary penalties of up to $7000, as well as exposure to civil liability actions.
A complete set is made up of three large posters, one Federal and two State. Posters are 18" X 24" in full color and laminated in plastic for durability.
State Posting Requirements
- Minimum Wage Law (NEW) (MCLA 408.391) Every employer subject to the provisions of the minimum wage law or of any regulation or order issued under its provisions shall keep a copy of them posted in a conspicuous place in the area where employees are employed.
- Safety and Health Protection on the Job (MCLA 408.1011) An employer shall ... post notices and use other appropriate means to keep his or her employees informed of their protections and obligations under this act, including applicable rules and standards.
- Right to Know (MCL 408.1014j) An employer subject to the Occupational Safety and Health Act shall post signs throughout the workplace advising employees of all of the following... the location of the material safety data sheets for the hazardous chemicals produced or used in the workplace and the name of the person from whom to obtain the sheets.
- Whistleblower Protection Act (MCLA 15.368) An employer shall post notices and use other appropriate means to keep his or her employees informed of their protections and obligations under this act.
- Youth Employment Standards Act (MCLA 409.113(l)) Each employer shall keep posted conspicuously in or about the premises at which a minor is employed, a printed copy of the Youth Employment Standards Act.
- Also Included in Our Posters: Employment Security
Michigan Prohibits Discrimination
Federal Posting Requirements
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR § 516.4) Pursuant to 29 USC §206(a)(1), as amended by P.L. 110-28, H.R. 2206, effective July 24, 2009, the federal minimum wage increases from $6.55 an hour to $7.25 an hour. "Every employer ... shall post and keep posted a notice explaining the Act ... in conspicuous places in every establishment where such employees are employed so as to permit them to observe readily a copy."