Mississippi Labor Law Posters
2017 Labor Law Posters
- Guaranteed Accurate
- Fulfills All State and Federal Requirements
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
Most Recent Update: Min.Wage (FED) on Jul 24th, 2009
State and Federal Law requires employers of Mississippi to post the following notices at most work sites. Investigations maybe conducted by State inspectors. An employer found to be in violation of State or Federal Laws by willfully failing to post up-to-date OSHA posters may be subject to monetary penalties of up to $7000, as well as exposure to civil liability actions.
A complete set is made up of three large posters, one Federal and two State. Posters are 18" X 24" in full color and laminated in plastic for durability.
State Posting Requirements
- Unemployment Insurance (MS Code Ann. 71-5-615) Each employer shall post and maintain in places readily accessible to individuals in his service printed statements concerning such regulations or such other matters as the commission may by regulation prescribe.
- Workers Compensation Notice of Coverage (MS Code Ann. 71-3-81) Every employer shall keep notices posted in a conspicuous place or places in and about his place or places of business in accordance with a form prescribed by the commission. Such notices shall contain the name and address of the carrier with whom the employer has secured payment and the date of the expiration of the policy.
- Emergency Phone Numbers This poster is recommended to all employers so that employees will be provided with the necessary phone numbers in case of an injury or emergency.
Federal Posting Requirements
- Federal Minimum Wage Act (29 CFR § 516.4) Pursuant to 29 USC §206(a)(1), as amended by P.L. 110-28, H.R. 2206, effective July 24, 2009, the federal minimum wage increases from $6.55 an hour to $7.25 an hour. "Every employer ... shall post and keep posted a notice explaining the Act ... in conspicuous places in every establishment where such employees are employed so as to permit them to observe readily a copy."